We are looking for a retail associate that will ensure that customers have a positive & memorable experience at Vintage Elkhart Lake. The perfect candidate must have a passion for wine & gourmet foods and for learning the details of our inventory & general operations.
Job Description Details:
• Greet customers promptly & courteously.
• Assist customers with selecting wines, beers, spirits, and or other merchandise.
• Guide customers through wine flights or wine-by-the-glass at the tasting bar.
• Perform daily opening & closing operations.
• Maintain a clean shop environment.
• Restock wine, beer, spirits & retail merchandise.
• Accurately operate the point-of-sale system.
• Check in deliveries to insure accuracy.
• Assist with special events.
• Work in a team environment & be open to performing other duties as assigned.
• This position reports directly to the owner.
• May be assigned other tasks or be asked to participate in other activities both on-site & off-site as needed.
• Must be 21 or over & able to obtain a bartender's license in Elkhart Lake.
• High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience.
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
• Retail experience preferred. Wine experience isn’t a must, but a plus!
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Able to lift 30 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
• Available weekends & occasional evenings.
We would love a year-round, part-time associate (6-18 hours/week), but will consider summer-only help if a qualified, seasonal resident (May-September). Must be available most Fridays and Saturdays through the summer.
To apply, send your résumé or work history to firstname.lastname@example.org